November is Pet Cancer Awareness Month
Below you can be entertained by Dogs "singing" a "We Are the World"-esque power ballad in this ad for Pet Trust, a Canadian organization that's trying to end animal cancer.
Early Pet Cancer Warning Signs, As Identified By
The Veterinary Cancer Society.
- Persistent, abnormal swelling
- Sores that do not heal
- Loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
- Offensive odor
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- Persistent lameness or stiffness
- Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating
- If your pet has any of these early warning signs, visit your veterinarian as soon as possible for a complete examination.
Please contact a veterinarian if you pet suffers from any of the above.
Due to improper breeding practices certain breeds of dogs are genetically prone to canine cancer including:
- Golden Retrievers
- Labrador Retrievers
- Bernese Mountain Dogs